Tuesday 8 July 2014

Low Tide 01:03 (0.80m)
High Tide 07:51 (2.20m)
Low Tide 13:27 (1.00m)
High Tide 19:51 (2.20m)
Sea temperature: not taken, I must remember to take it tomorrow
Sea conditions: Calm and deep
Weather: sunny, but terrible forecast
Joined by: I swam early but the others were getting in as I was getting out so I saw The LE, TBC and Sara and the Poet, which was nice. DK and Legs are in France, finishing off his memoirs and The Pirate and his wife are in Wales. 
I haven't blogged for over a week, and here is no point trying to catch up, but sadly Legs's father died last week. She has written a wonderful obituary, which can be found here: Obituary for Odd Knut Ronning It really is a very lovely tribute to a man I wished I'd known.

The sea has been very warm and mostly calm, although it whipped up a frenzy on Saturday, with rain like needles and crashing waves. I didn't even try to get in a went home before I had to watch DK try not to drown.
Both Jagger and Willow had birthdays last week and The Ellies held a small and exclusive party, for their one year old English Setter with attitude, on the playing field - it's the only place in the village that is fenced off and so mabel was allowed to run free, but she was rather put out that he didn't give her his undivided attention apparently. Willow and Luna had to send their apologies so we made up for it with champagne on the beach on Willow's birthday. When we arrived at the hut there was a card full of gravy bones and a brilliant card from Jagger.


We had our first jellyfish of the year last week, just a single tea plate sized moon jelly, and it didn't sting, but it's a sign that the water is heating up. It's also a sign that we should expect our American neighbours to turn up - they are always here for 'the summer' and usually arrive at the same time as the jellyfish, which is a shame as they love to swim. 
Paddleboarding update - I've now been to sea on Jochem's board, he kindly took me down and stayed on the shore whilst I went up and down and tried various turns, jumping off, getting on and generally messing about. It was much harder work as the sea had become a bit choppy, but it was quite exhilarating. He's hoping to make a start on my board soon, so I'm looking for inspiration for the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment