Monday 31 December 2012

Low Tide06:02 (0.60m)
High Tide12:21 (2.30m)
Low Tide17:54 (0.80m)
Sea temperature: not taken
Sea conditions: Horrid
Weather: leaning into the wind and not falling over
Joined by: Sara and The Poet
Topics of conversation: 
Many and various over the last week or so, including "what are all these people doing in the sea?" on Christmas day, although there were far fewer than last year as the weather has been particularly foul. 
The reason I started to keep this blog was to help me to remember the experience of the changing sea and seasons, the diversity of interests as well as the commonality within our small group and looking back it became apparent to me that we do have a number of themes we always return to: food, family, dogs, music, religion, sleep, films/dance/telly and always nature and the weather. We seem to have life covered...
Taking stock of the year is interesting from The Swimmers perspective and reminded me that the sea has become such an important part of my life over the last 3 years, as have the people I meet each morning. As we all see the new year in this evening we will raise a glass to The Pirate, who will be somewhere in Cambodia and I, for one, will look forward to another 350 (allowing for bad weather and sick days) or so morning swims next year with exceptional company.
Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment