Tuesday 1 January 2013

High Tide00:24 (2.60m)
Low Tide06:39 (0.60m)
High Tide12:57 (2.30m)
Low Tide18:31 (0.80m)
Sea temperature: 7.3
Sea conditions: beautifully calm and deep but a bit murky
Weather: 4.3 and crisp, sunny with no wind to speak of
Joined by: The Poet 
I should really mention that we swam late today at 9.15, it happens once a year and this, along with the beautiful morning, meant we were actually joined by lots of people taking their New Years Day morning strolls. Some were local, others were holiday home people. There was also a large party having a breakfast picnic, they were still there when I went for a late evening walk to watch the sun set and had lit a large fire, put up wind breaks and seemed to be settled in for the night. I don't suppose they'll be expecting us at dawn tomorrow...
Sunset from Viking Bridge
Topics of conversation:
The dogs - Poor Jess is still a little wobbly on her feet, having had a small stroke a few days ago, but she seems to be getting stronger, thank goodness and Luna was back on the beach for the first time since she had an operation last week to remove some nasty lumps and a tooth. Both the old girls were clearly pleased to be out and about, but neither was interesting in running and showing off their turn of speed as they used to. We'd all spent a lovely evening celebrating with Sara and The Poet and family in their wonderful home which is a suitably long way away from the main fireworks to keep the dogs calm. Although DK had done his best to scare the living daylights out of everyone. We raised a glass to The Pirate in Cambodia and we think he may be back with us tomorrow, at least the water temperature is not too drastic for him, I know he was worried about having become accustomed to swimming in warm water whilst he's been away.

Sara's serious swim - Sara didn't join us as she was meeting up with 2 other serious wetsuit swimmers later in the day, although she loves rough seas the calm water suited today's aim of actually covering some distance. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it tomorrow as I am afraid the sauna called me from the beach, I could have sworn I could see a little wisp of smoke beckoning me over the treetops. My Christmas presents had a distinct sauna theme this year, which was lovely. I can thoroughly recommend this book: The Modern Sauna

No comments:

Post a Comment