Tuesday 20 November 2012

High Tide02:32 (2.50m)
Low Tide09:06 (0.60m)
High Tide15:55 (2.30m)
Low Tide21:07 (1.10m)
Sea temperature: not taken 
Sea conditions: WILD
Weather: WILD
Joined by: Sara and The Poet
Topics of conversation: 
Spacial awareness - it was so wild this morning that we opened up the beach hut to change in. The wind was strong and it was 'lashing' so the shelter was welcome, but it's a squeeze to all change in there at once so we bustled about trying not to get in each other's way and avoiding various dogs who were keen a little respite from the wind too. I realised that I should have removed the ketchup bottle at the end of the summer as there was some evidence of small rodents things, and one of the reasons for our using the hut is to keep it free of mice. I had a clear up after the others left and also found some HP, so both were removed to the Village Hall bins. The forecast for tomorrow is rain all day so I'll get down early and move the furniture about and light the gas burner.
The swim itself was invigorating and the sea had a shallow trough, just deep enough to swim in, followed by a very shallow and rough area. The Pirate and I stayed in the shallows and managed to swim, but the other 2 took on the waves.

Forgive the bits and bobs that will start to appear at the bottom of the page. I've decided that all too often I loose things that I want to refer back to and as I'm not keen in Pinterest etc. I'm going to make use of this little bit of the ether.

"I think we are well advised to keep on nodding terms with the people we used to be, whether we find them attractive company or not. Otherwise they turn up unannounced and surprise us, come hammering on the mind’s door at 4 a.m. of a bad night and demand to know who deserted them, who betrayed them, who is going to make amends. We forget all too soon the things we thought we could never forget. We forget the loves and the betrayals alike, forget what we whispered and what we screamed, forget who we were. 
[…]
It is a good idea, then, to keep in touch, and I suppose that keeping in touch is what notebooks are all about. And we are all on our own when it comes to keeping those lines open to ourselves: your notebook will never help me, nor mine you." Joan Didion

No comments:

Post a Comment