Thursday 22 November 2012

My usual tide timetable is offline this morning so here's the app reading instead.

Sea Temperature: not taken
Sea conditions: marginal
Weather: stunning sunrise, very windy, getting stronger.
Joined by: Sara and The Poet
Topics of conversation:
Was it 'doable'? Only just. The Pirate and I got in and got out again very swiftly as we were knocked back by the waves. Sara and The Poet are more comfortable with the risks than I am. I always err on the side of caution, which can be frustrating for The Pirate, who looked longingly out at them once we were back on the shingle, saying "They look like they are having fun..." but as he pointed out, it can get very hairy if he gets dragged down and out. Every now and then he reminds me of 'the time I nearly drowned' and even if I feel like throwing caution to the wind that brings me back to earth. The other two were not really able to swim but did seem to be having fun, although poor Jess was clearly very worried about them and actually started wading out at one point. She wouldn't leave the shoreline till they were safe.
Jess
My surf dude friend had been out yesterday and told me the waves were some of the biggest he'd seen in our area
Intouchables - I was totally smitten with this film last night, to such a extent that my FilmFriend commented that she's never heard me laugh out loud and uncontrollably in the cinema before, it just touched my funny bone. Sara and The Poet had seen it when it first come out and we all encouraged The Pirate to watch it, regardless of the beautiful co-star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment