Wednesday 2 January 2013

High Tide01:02 (2.60m)
Low Tide07:18 (0.60m)
High Tide13:34 (2.30m)
Low Tide19:09 (0.90m)
Sea temperature: not taken but gave me an instant headache so I think it had gone down but DK disagreed (vehemently as usual)
Sea conditions: Very low and calm
Weather: colder but still beautiful.
Joined by: Sara and The Poet
Topics of conversation:
Swimming at sunrise - as we all drifted, one by one, to the deserted beach this morning we had a swathe of rare dawn green hanging above the horizon and below a cloud bank, which has since covered the village. The sun hadn't risen but the glow across the sand belied that, there was a golden warmth which stilled us. Once we were in the water the sun flickered on the distant dark line and finally rose as we came out. Yet another occasion when I wished I'd brought my camera, my phone is fine for most things but the the iPhone 4 cannot handle sunrises or sunsets like the 3 and especially seems unable to detect the green dawn, I wonder how it would fare with the Northern Lights. I'm going to see if I can resurrect my old Canon Ixus, which has really done it's time and has sand in the mechanism, so seldom opens, but always reproduced colours faithfully. Regardless here are a few shots of the sun this morning.




A Poet on the horizon
Love is kind of like when you see a fog in the morning, when you wake up before the sun comes out. It’s just a little while, and then it burns away… Love is a fog that burns with the first daylight of reality. 
(Charles Bukowski)

No comments:

Post a Comment