Wednesday, 15 May 2013

High Tide02:33 (2.20m)
Low Tide08:00 (0.90m)
High Tide14:32 (2.40m)
Low Tide20:42 (0.70m)
Sea temperature: not taken - see below
Sea conditions: one of the strongest currents we've experienced
Weather: wind speeds over 30mph
Joined by: The Poet and The Artist
Topics of conversation: 
Was it going to be possible for anyone to get in? The wind was so strong that Jesse was blown into a sitting position at one point, we could lean into it. I'd had a text from The Pirate's Wife at 6.45 asking if I thought it was swimmable as she knew I would have been out. First thing I'd been lulled into a false sense of security by the forecast but I'd seen a crow trying to fly south and it had given up and landed in the field as I was walking the dogs and I could hear the sea so I must admit I'd been tempted not to even venture out. By the time I'd girded my loins and got down to the grazing field I realised how wild it was, the cows had tucked themselves round into the west corner of the marsh, hiding from the wind and we struck out into it. The Pirate came down anyway (in his posh trousers) as did The Artist and they made like sails, whilst DK and The Poet tried to get in. They managed to get to waist height, and I must admit I was still contemplating going in when DK lifted his feet of the ground and was propelled north, both by the current and the wind. They battled against it for a minute or so and then came back shaking their heads, saying it was the strongest they'd experienced. 
Looking deceptively calm but the wrecked wind break gives it away

Jesse, just before the wind blew her bottom to the ground

The Pirate and The Artist blowing in the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment