Wednesday 26 June 2013

High Tide01:10 (2.60m)
Low Tide07:04 (0.60m)
High Tide13:16 (2.70m)
Low Tide19:43 (0.30m)
There is yet more confusion over tides as the website I use above say's we were low at 7.04, DK's tide table says something else and the app I use at the beach says 7.34. It was very, very low, and we couldn't detect a pull in either directions, so I imagine that the app must be the closest. 
Sea temperature: 14.5
Sea conditions: calm
Weather: dull, but the sun was trying hard
Joined by: The Usual Suspects
Topics of conversation:
The weather, of course.
It really can't make up it's mind, lit was a clear and warm evening, and the mist began to settle on the low land either side of the river as I took the dogs out at around 9.30, so I'd expected a mist this morning, but it was clear again and the temperatures have dropped again. The Pirate had seen the moon, which is on the wane, but still large in the sky, but I'd missed it.
New costume
The Smokehouse
Asda - I don't often shop in supermarkets these days, mainly because I still don't a have a car, but I'd had a day off yesterday and Legs had taken me on her travels to shops various; Asda, Morrisons, Lidls, World of Fish and the smokehouse - we know how to live. Asda was a revelation to me and I admit that I spent most of my time in the non food areas, where I discovered that they have a wonderful range of swimwear, who'd have guessed? I bought a swimsuit to try as it was only £12 and swimming in the sea everyday has taken it's toll on my array of costumes. It was given a trial run this morning and is great, comfy, doesn't shrink or sag in the water and even has some colour on it, which is unheard of for me, so I may venture Asda-wards again! (As Sara pointed out though, we really need to stick to dark colours, because the sea will make everything go dingy). There are a few smokehouses locally, but I think the one we visited yesterday may be the oldest. Shopping with Legs was thoroughly entertaining and I told DK how I seen her in the vegetable aisle taking phone calls (numerous) from her mother and her son, who each called at least 3 times during the afternoon. She is always glam and in Lowestoft Asda glam is pretty scarce, added to which she was speaking with her cultured transatlantic drawl, pacifying both generations with terms like 'honey' and 'dahrling'. As a result the shoppers were walking past, staring at her, clearly trying to work our who she was, she HAD to be a celebrity of some sort, you could almost hear them thinking. We also went to World of Fish, my favourite shop, where I have been shopping since it opened to the public, but a couple of weeks ago I'd bought half a sea trout, only to find it was way past it's best when I got it home. It had been vac packed, which they don't normally do so I suspected this was the reason and as I trust them totally I felt it was best to let them know. They were mortified and hugely apologetic and said they always like to get feedback, whether it is good or bad. When I went to pay for my salmon and brown shrimps they told me to put away my money, by way of apology, I was blown away. This is another reason I seldom use supermarkets.
Aflie's eyebrows - once The Pirate had pointed out his dog's resemblance to Bernard Ingham we began thinking of other men, who's eyebrows are magnificent. I don't have a photo of Alfie, and in a way that's better as you have to imagine what he looks like based on these:


No comments:

Post a Comment