Sunday 21 July 2013

Low Tide03:25 (0.70m)
High Tide09:47 (2.50m)
Low Tide16:01 (0.70m)
High Tide22:22 (2.50m)
Sea temperature: 18.4
Sea conditions: suddenly rough with a strong current
Weather: grey 
Joined by: just DK and me today.
Topics of conversation:
The change in the weather and resulting attendance, which had been growing rapidly as the weather improved last week. Sara had been up till 3am when she had picked up her kids ("mum, I'm nearly 30 years old") from Latitude, earning serious mum points in the process, and they are at a wedding in London today. It's wedding season - DK had been at a wedding celebration yesterday and had found that there was only cake to eat, so it was a shame that he had not taken Mertz up on the offer of a meat fest whilst I was away. DK's in such demand socially whilst home alone, yet another invite for a BBQ today too, but he'd been rather looking forward to the golf, which I'm grateful was on as it got my Ma-in-law out of bed today for a couple of hours, no mean feat. I'd felt guilty hauling Mertz out at 11.30 to pick me up, perhaps I should've waiting for Sara, I certainly felt I'd left too soon. It was a fine festival, which I'd thought I wasn't going to make, but again thanks to Sara and The Poet's 'kids' I got a last minute ticket and was able to fulfil some of my desires after all, seeing Kraftwerk (KRAFTWERK on Radio 6) and their 3D show with The Vikings, which definitely goes on the 50 list, I had the BEST time. Definitely looking forward to finding out the guest list for next year and making plans.


Sadly I'm not going to get to see Bobby Womak today, even though I clung on to my wrist band till the last moment of possibility this afternoon in the vain hope that I could get back from Norfolk in time. DK and I discussed his genius and his surreal and troubled life, as he had recently read this article entitled Bobby Womack - Soul Survivor in the Telegraph, bearing in mind his recent health dramas makes his performance this weekend even more special: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/10174641/Bobby-Womack-interview-Soul-Survivor.html 



No comments:

Post a Comment