Wednesday 28 August 2013

High Tide04:05 (2.30m)
Low Tide09:48 (1.00m)
High Tide16:26 (2.30m)
Low Tide22:24 (1.00m)
Sea temperature: not taken
Sea conditions: calm, with a strong outgoing tide
Weather: mist again, lifting, cooler
Joined by The Usual Suspects and Matthew
Topics of conversation:
Tai Chi - when I arrived The LE was throwing shapes, I mean doing Tai Chi, on the beach. It's a lovely calm sight to be greeted by first thing in the morning, as the sun rises and the mist clears.
She and I had had an unsuccessful text exchange yesterday that we needed to resolve; she needs a cleaner, The Architect has a great cleaner and I'd tried to forward her number, but it hadn't worked. I was concerned that this was because her contact details had been saved as Nicky Chablis - she had sent a text to The Architect when I was in the office saying "Floors done, bathroom done, kitchen done, couldn't find the tea bags for my tea so just helped myself to the Chablis in the fridge." The LE and I decided that as she has dogs and a sense of humour she would be perfect, even if her surname's not Chablis. The reason she's looking for a cleaner is twofold, her house is finished and she's got her new dog - Jagger. Jagger has been much discussed and today we have been invited to meet him as he hasn't had his jabs yet and can't come to the beach. He's quite the star and I suspect he will become a regular feature here. Daisy has already taught him his first trick and he is weaving in and out of legs with ease. She's also taken some great shots of him:



The Poet had been to the Parish Council meeting and as there is enough news there for an item in the paper, I won't report here. Suffice to say that he had had his eyes opened as he hadn't realised that the lady mentioned in the article who is objecting to planning permission was the lady that sold the lot of land in the first place. You really couldn't make it up, here's the article: Judge finds in favour of Parish Council
The Artist turned up with her most recent bit of flotsam, a bathing aid, or banana float (actually I think that's an ice cream sundae) which she wanted to try out. Whilst raising a smile initially it ultimately raised concern as she was enjoying herself so much, floating about, that she quickly got out of her depth as there was such a drag. She had also experienced one of those village moments yesterday, the kind I hate so much. A long standing village elder (her father was a fisherman, her husband the postman and her son is the electrician and one of our fireman) had been on the warpath as the council had received a complaint about her cockerel making too much noise and for some reason she had assumed that it was The Artist who had written in - it wasn't. In fact, as she said "I didn't even know she had a cockerel". She had, understandably, been upset by the accusation and was wondering if she should follow it up but we decided that in a situation like this it's always best to let it lie. 
Which brings me on to poor Alfie, who clearly hasn't been left to lie - he's been stripped! Although he looks very smart and it will help him to get over his itchiness, it hasn't helped him to get over his scratchiness and he snapped at The LE as she tried to put his lead on. This is the first time he's done that, he's always very gentle with us swimmers, which The Pirate thinks is amazing, but not today. I'm a tad concerned as I'm responsible for him tomorrow. If I don't blog for a while it'll be because he's had my hand off...
Matthew and I retired to the hut for coffee and 'breakfast', which he kindly provided and we agreed that there was something intrinsically right about iced lemon drizzle cake and very strong black coffee after a bracing swim.



No comments:

Post a Comment