Tuesday 24 September 2013

High Tide01:28 (2.50m)
Low Tide07:21 (0.70m)
High Tide13:39 (2.70m)
Low Tide19:49 (0.70m)
Sea temperature: not taken but it felt warmer again
Sea conditions: mill pond calm
Weather: misty, warm
Joined by: The Usual Suspects
Swimming hats - Sara has a a new blue one, which she's pretty sure she didn't order and I have the first one I've ever own as an adult. They are very different from how I remember the ones we had to wear at school, much lighter and more effective, although they are certainly less flattering, which is quite an achievement. I was surprised how everyone sounded so quiet but my voice sounded so loud. The main reason for buying one was to see if I could keep my head under for longer this year, especially as The Arctic Princess has sent me the details for the Cross Channel Swim challenge. Even if you are only doing a relay swim you still have to have swum for 2 hours in the open water, at temperatures between 10 and 15 degrees, and there is no way I could do this without a hat as my ears get really cold.
DK and I spent so long talking about the current 'Sound of the Cinema' season on the BBC that everyone else was in before us. There is an exceptional series, presented by Neil Brand called The Music That made The Movies, and last night I'd seen an episode in which he'd been talking to Angelo Badalamenti about his relationship with David Lynch where they'd discussed Laura Palmer's Theme, we  slowly hummed and the geese flew over, it does become slightly uplifting as it builds.





No comments:

Post a Comment