Wednesday 17 August 2011

Yesterday

High Tide05:34 (2.20m)
Low Tide11:19 (1.10m)
High Tide18:14 (2.10m)
Low Tide23:58 (1.10m)












Sea temperature: Not taken
Sea conditions: Slightly choppy
Weather: sunny with a gentle breeze
Joined by: 3 Vikings
Topics of conversation:
Vikings approach
Congratulating the Vikings for turning up - it's their first morning swim and there was much squealing from the younger 2 and I'm not sure that it will become a regular thing for them, judging by the shivers.
The Pirate's ship - there's a tall ship moored off the harbour and it looks just like a pirate ship so the obvious question was whether our very own Pirate was the captain. It's a stunning boat but this is a pretty murky shot as it was taken on my phone in a bit of a hurry.


Abseiling down the lighthouse on Sunday. I completed my latest challenge by getting down in one piece and raising £200 for the RNLI. It was far easier than I imagined and the only problem was that we had to wear shoes like the CSI team to stop our feet marking the white walls of the functioning monument. It was wonderful to see our village from the top too.
August light and how different it is. The Pirate and I have very different reactions to this change in the smell of the air and the colours in the sky as September is my favourite month, whereas he has a sense of impending doom as winter approaches. I chose September to get married as I love the evening light so much.
The four temperaments and whether the weather was something that could be connected to temperaments. We talked briefly about how my tutor helped our class to identify their own temperaments by imagining you are given an extra day, out of nowhere, in which you have the freedom to do exactly what you want and deciding what you'd do with it. The Pirate said he'd lie in the sun - I suspect that makes him phlegmatic. Wiki info here

No comments:

Post a Comment