Monday 1 August 2011

High Tide00:15 (2.50m)
Low Tide06:01 (0.70m)
High Tide12:16 (2.70m)
Low Tide18:42 (0.40m)











Sea temperature: 17.9 degrees
Sea conditions: Choppy and swirly
Weather: glorious (technical term)
Joined by: Mertz and 2 LOTVs and 3 cormorants flying over

Topics of conversation:

I was early today as I go to yoga on Mondays over the river so our chat was short but the most noteworthy thing was that The Pirate brought a scrap of paper with the sanskrit for 'see you tomorrow' written down. We all tried our best to pronounce it tomorrow: Svah but I didn't write the see 'you' bit down. The Pirate admitted that he wasn't sure if it was 'see you' singular, paired or plural though.
Cricket - there was much chat between DK and Mertz about the cricket but The Pirate and I kept out of it.
I found a pair of glasses on the beach, which really makes a change from loosing things on the beach, which is my default (the 15 year old favourite dog lead being the latest to be swept out to sea). As we were leaving before everyone else I called to those still in the water to see if anyone had lost them, the exchange was typical of a Monday morning - "Are these your glasses Charlotte?" "umm... not sure, I can't see them, I haven't got my glasses on."
The appropriateness, or not, of using "Ying Tong Tiddle I Po" as the slow dance at the end of an evening.


Song of the day: Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love you tomorrow" sung with Svah substituted (and very loud "Ying tong tiddle i po")







No comments:

Post a Comment